Lord Joey, a rising talent in the music industry just released his debut album titled "This Life Is All I Know". The album showcases the artist's versatility, creativity, and fearless push of boundaries.
In this album review, we explore each of the nine tracks in the album, from catchy and upbeat party anthems to moody and introspective rap songs.
The review highlights the standout tracks, emotive lyrics, and dynamic instrumentation. Lord Joey's ability to create different genres of music is impressive, and he showcases it throughout the album.
After our album review, we share our Q&A session with Lord Joey, where he talks about his creative process, inspirations, and what he would be doing if he was not pursuing a music career.
Without further ado, let's learn more about the music and the artist!
1. Intro: This short vocal clip features a female's voicemail showing love to Lord Joey for both embracing his current status as an artist, and enjoying the process of growing as a musician.
2. Trumpets: Following the short inro, the second track is a bold and bombastic anthem that showcases Lord Joey's confident and charismatic flow. The hard-hitting beat and soaring brass samples create a triumphant vibe that's impossible to resist. This feel-good song is a party anthem, and the lyrics encourage having a fun time. Plus, the infusion of various genres blend together quite nicely.
3. She's Not Perfect: This track is a heartfelt ode to the imperfections that make us human. Lord Joey's emotive delivery and introspective lyrics paint a vivid picture of a flawed but beautiful relationship. The soulful production and stirring vocal samples add to the emotional impact of the track, making it a standout moment on the album.
4. Lose My Mind: The fourth track is a moody and atmospheric rap song that showcases Lord Joey's versatility as an artist. The brooding production and haunting vocal samples create a sense of unease and tension, while Lord Joey's introspective lyrics explore the dark corners of his mind. The track builds to a climactic finish, with a powerful vocal hook driving home the emotional nature of the song.
5. We're Never Sober: This track is a catchy and upbeat party anthem that showcases Lord Joey's playful side. The bright and bubbly production and infectious hook make it an instant earworm, while Lord Joey's lyrics about living in the moment and enjoying life to the fullest add a deeper layer of meaning to the track.
6. Lost And Found: The sixth track is an up-tempo alternative song featuring a driving rhythm and energetic guitar riffs that create a powerful and captivating sound. The lyrics explore themes of self-discovery and the search for meaning in life, with the chorus emphasizing the idea of finding oneself even in the midst of chaos and confusion. The dynamic instrumentation and passionate vocal performance by Lord Joey add to the song's vibrance, making it a standout track on the album.
7. Prada Dior: This track is a high-energy banger that showcases Lord Joey's knack for catchy hooks and clever wordplay. The bouncing production and earworm chorus make it a standout on the album, while Lord Joey's lyrics about flexing his fashion sense and living the high life add a touch of luxury to the track.
8. Rock Out: The eighth track is a gritty and aggressive alternative rock track that showcases Lord Joey's ability to create different genres of music. The hard-hitting beat and distorted guitar samples create a sense of urgency and rebellion, while driving the track forward effectively. Lord Joey's vocals are powerful yet nuanced, conveying a sense of passion and energy that is infectious. The chorus is particularly anthemic, inviting listeners to join in and "rock out" with the artist.
9. Outro: Lastly, the album closes with another voicemail message. This is another positive message, and it is a nice touch to end the album with a kindhearted reinforcement for an artist chasing his dreams, as it feels like a resolution to a complete and well-polished album.
Our favorite tracks: Prada Dior, Lost And Found, & Lose My Mind.
All in all, Lord Joey impressed us with his versatility and fearlessness to push the boundaries. For a debut album, this ticks all the boxes you would want to see, creative, exciting, and so much more.
Be sure to listen to the album yourself, as This Life Is All I Know is live everywhere now.
Now, let's share our talk with the talented young musician.
Q&A with Lord Joey
We asked Lord Joey 17 rapid fire questions prior to the release of his debut album "This Life Is All I Know". Here's what he had to say.
What first got you into music?
What first got me into music was my mom being a promoter for artists and clubs when I was 8 years old.
Who inspired you to make music?
The person who inspired me to make music was Sammy Adams.
How would you describe the music that you typically create?
I would describe my music as Pop Hip Hop.
What is your creative process like?
Whenever I am writing a song I like to turn on my cloud ceiling. I’ll typically listen to other Artists and then around 10:30pm-4:00am I will write.
Who would you most like to collaborate with?
I would love to collaborate with iann dior.
If you could go open a show for any artist who would it be?
If I could open for any Artist it would definitely be A$AP Rocky.
What is one message you would give to your fans?
One message I would give to my fans is to not let your dreams be dreams. You can do whatever you put your mind to.
What is the most useless talent you have?
My most useless talent is being double jointed in my arms.
Do you sing in the shower?
Yes, of course I sing in the shower. It’s like a concert when I am in the shower.
What would you be doing right now, if it wasn’t for your music career?
If my career wasn’t music, I’d most likely just be a miserable college student.
Where have you performed?
House Of Blues in Cleveland
How do you feel the Internet has impacted the music business?
I feel like social media allows artist to gain fans and listeners easier than before.
What is your favorite song to perform?
My favorite song to perform is Finer Things.
Which famous musicians do you admire?
Most notably, I admire Juice WLRD.
What is the best advice you’ve been given?
The best advice I’ve received is to do music because you love it, not for money. Do what you love for as long as you love it.
If you could change anything about the industry, what would it be?
I would remove all the fake scams and promotions.
What’s next for you?
My next plan is to hopefully land more concert gigs, and after the album drops, I’ll continue working on singles.
Lord Joey's debut album "This Life Is All I Know" is a testament to his versatility and creativity.
The album boasts seven actual songs, each showcasing a different genre, emotive lyrics, and dynamic instrumentation. Lord Joey's ability to experiment with various genres and create something unique makes this debut album an impressive one.
Our album review delves deep into each track and highlights the standout moments, then our Q&A session with Lord Joey adds to the overall insight into the artist's creative process, inspirations, and vision for the future.
In conclusion, "This Life Is All I Know" is a creative, exciting, and well-polished album that deserves a listen. We hope you give it a listen today, and follow Lord Joey on his social media accounts to stay tuned with upcoming releases!
'Til next time.